Our family LOVES BYU sports! We sent to the practice "blue and white" game for football last month and of course, already have our season tickets for this fall. Last night we went and watched baseball and sadly saw how awful they are playing this year. Oh, well. Football is still great! Trent really, really likes to see the cougar mascot "Cosmo", but when we tried to get him to go high-five the "kitty", Trent freaked out and wouldn't do it. That's a two-year-old for you.
The weirdest thing happened the other night too...Trent had a nightmare that he actually remembered the next morning. He dreamt that spiders were getting him and he woke up crying. Poor kid. It' just interesting to see when they start remember things a little bit more. He talked about the "mean spiders" for the next three days intensely and still brings them up occasionally. I guess it was very real to him. Toddlers are known for that though - very vivid imaginations and being afraid of everything as they learn that they aren't attached to their parents anymore and anything can happen!
I had a nice day today even though it was semi-stressful. I got together with a friend so our boys could play and was able to enjoy grown-up company and talk inbetween holding Tyler and helping Trent from my seat! Every mom needs days like that and I'm always grateful to my friends who provide those moments of chaotic calm for me and enjoy them with me! I also get to remember how hard Ben works for our family and how much I appreciate him. While he sits at a desk and then builds machines elsewhere in the plant, I get to go chase my toddler through a dinosaur museum and comfort my baby to sleep in my arms. For all the hard work that moms do, we sure have the best job in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment