Here we are looking down into Flaming Gorge. This visitor's center has some amazing views because you are hanging out over just a little bit!
We had such a fun weekend and 4th as a family! We went camping up at Flaming Gorge with Ben's parents and two uncles and their families. It was a lot of fun. The weather was SO much cooler than here so we have been just dying again trying to get used to the heat and the uncomfortable nights. I think we're finally getting used to it again!
It was short and sweet, but we all had a good time. Tyler did so great - I was very pleasantly surprised! He slept great at night and kept on his schedule of night time means sleep time. I had to adjust how warm or cool I thought he would be, but by the last night I must've got it right because he slept until very early in the morning! Trent was a blast to take camping and now Ben wants to take him on our ward's father & sons. Trent loved running around outside and did so great. Even at night he would just settle down and go to sleep in his sleeping bag next to us. What good boys we have! The best part was that the bathroom was right next to our tents so none of those potty training efforts were ruined!
On Thursday I set up our tent in Ben's parents' camping site while Ben went on a fishing tour on the lake with his Dad and an uncle. Ben's Mom was there to help me with the kids so it was fine. We were all set up and relaxing by the campfire by the time they got back just after dark. Trent was so excited to sleep in a tent in his sleeping bag that it took him a little while to calm down, but then he slept great through the night. (Love that part!)
On Friday we went to this visitor's center to check out the Gorge from up high. It's just beautiful and so much fun. I remembered the places Ben had taken me my first time there and wanted to at least get some of those in. We also went fishing that evening down on this dock that was completely empty. It was close to dusk and very peaceful. I just held sleeping Tyler and watched. Trent has an awesome cast about every 2nd or 3rd time. He's really getting good. We bought him a little SpiderMan fishing pole and that was his second time using it. He's so cute. He loved practicing all day at the campground in the trees.
Saturday we went on the Flaming Gorge dam tour and now Trent is really good at saying that word... It was fun and very cool for my engineer husband. On part of the tour you ride an elevator inside the dam almost all the way down to the bottom. Down there we stopped and fed the fishies and watch them go nuts for whatever is thrown into the water. Trent thought that was the best part and we must've fed them for fifteen minutes.
Sunday we packed up and came home. What a fun trip, but I'm glad I was able to shower in my shower again and sleep in my bed. I love my bed! I think Tyler was getting sick of not being able to lay down. He isn't doing much on the ground, but he sure knows how to twist his body around to see where everyone went! Of course we had to fit fireworks in there because Trent has been looking at pictures from last year and talking about it for months! I'm glad we get to do them again for the 24th.
Fireworks - Trent just covers his ears for everything else, but LOVES to hold the sparklers. We are going to have to buy about twelve more boxes of those for him.
1 comment:
You have such a cute little family! How are you? Looks like you have had some fun this summer!!
Post a Comment