Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Robot!

Last week my friend Heather and I took our four kids - two 3-year-olds and two under one!! - to the movies to see WallE. Now, I think that I have been to the movies about three times since Trent got too big to take quietly and Trent hasn't been back since, so I thought it would be fun to see how he did. And Heather's little boy really wanted to see this movie. It was cute.

So, yesterday we built our own robots! We took some #10 cans and some random hardware and put our robots together. We went to Home Depot yesterday and Trent picked out most of his pieces that he wanted to use. I think he just liked playing with all the things we normally don't let him go crazy with and touch in that store!


We brought home all our goodies and attached the pieces to sticky back magnets and let the boys put together their potato head-type robots. Since the pieces can come off the fun doesn't end with just one time. When we finish all the pieces go back in the can and the lids goes on until next time. Trent's already played with it several times last night and today.

It's such a cute, fun way to build upon what we saw last week and give them some hands on creating time. Maybe we'll have to build him a robot costume next. Themes are great!

(Oh, and I came across this idea from Famly Fun)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What a GREAT idea!! I'm going to have to copy. I found your blog from Jasmyns. Your family is so cute and it's good to see things are going well with you guys! I'm going to add you to my blog list so we can keep in touch better!

clarkfamblog said...

You get my vote for Mother of the Year. It looks like great fun.

Michelle said...

You guys do the greatest stuff! I'm so inspired by everything you post on here! Way to go! Keep up the hard work!

Alicia Jane said...

you do so many fun things! I wanna be one of your kids:0)

The Thomas Family said...

Lets for sure get together soon, looks like y'all had a blast. we still owe you a night without the kids. they are darling.