Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We're all a little sore!

We have had a very fun, packed, crazy weekend! On Friday night my wonderful friend watched the boys so Ben and I could have a date...but then we found out our carpet was ready to be installed on Monday, so we still had a date - tearing up tile!



Fortunately Ben's brother and his brother's girlfriend were both so great and came over to help out. Next morning we still had LOTS to do!
But then I ran a 5k and it was great! I think I had a pretty good time considering I didn't run at all for about a week and a half because of a cold. And then it was so hit and miss during the last week because of stuff. But, it was lots of fun and I'm so glad I did it. It was snowing when we got there and got started, but it warmed up lots by the end.
Then it was back to work on the floor! Our boys are the best boys ever! They took naps and slept at night through all the banging and pounding and scraping above them! I think they like things a little quieter, but they were great through it.
Of course there was a BYU football game we had to go to, so we did!


It was freezing and yet the boys didn't complain too much. What sweethearts!

Back to the floor. After we tore up all the tiles then we had to level the floor a little more and remove all the concrete and glue. JOY! Let me tell you! It was crazy and took way longer than we thought, but with help from Ben's brother and my sister and her husband we finally got it done.

So, after waiting and working for several days, Monday we got our new carpet in! I LOVE IT! It actually makes the space family friendly and looks great. It is such a difference for the boys to have that space to play on instead of cold, hard tile! BLAH! Carpet is much better in this case.







Of course I had to build a fort in the empty living room until Ben got home to put the house back together. It was great and the boys were laughing and giggling and loving the new carpet. Trent is the best at making Tyler giggle and laugh. Tyler loves Trent so much!

1 comment:

Alicia Jane said...

congrats on your 5k!! Speaking of...how would you like to do another one this saturday?
I'm thinking of doing this one
http://www.5kfornie.blogspot.com/
(which will definitely be interesting seeing as how I haven't ran in a pretty long while since i have been bike riding). Anyways, I'm not for sure yet, so let me know if you are interested!