
Trenton was invited to his first birthday party - with the kids, games, theme, etc. We have been to other parties, but it's just been a small family/friend thing. He was invited to Neverland! His friend James turned 3 and Trent couldn't wait to go to his party! James was born on Halloween, so it was a day full of fun!
First we had to get dressed up. Since we were going to Neverland and Grandma Bradley had given Trent an Indian costume for his birthday, we went at indians! To my delight, I found that Grandma had included a small shirt for Tyler too (so, yes - I found it!)

We were met at the party by Captain Hook (James' little brother), Wendy (mom), the crocodile (dad), and Peter Pan (James). They all looked great. First we had to learn how to be Peter Pan so we found our shadows - she had the kids lay down and cut the shadows out of black plastic - then we learned how to crow like Peter Pan! We had to go on a treasure hunt - the boys found pirate swords and coins! and put together our feather head dresses.


Trent did great leading the group in pinning the flag on Peter Pan's hideout. Of course he didn't understand covering up your eyes, but he just moved it out of the way a little! :) The boys even got bows and arrows. The bows were made by James' dad and they are amazing. What cute party favors! We played follow the leader complete with the Peter Pan music! Trent went "fishing" behind the pirate ship. Now, since he's been fishing a few times and knows you have to cast he sure tried to throw that line far! Poor "Wendy" behind the ship! Of course all the food was displayed and went with the theme...Laurie told me she loved throwing parties and she did such an amazing job! We had so much fun!

Tyler wanted to show off his new climbing skills to Wendy!

Then...in the middle of all the fun and games, the boys got a fun surprise! James' Grandpa came and brought cap guns and a mule to ride! How fun is that?! So, Trent rode the mule up and down the street with his buddy James. The party was complete with a little cowboys and indians running amuck in the house and shooting "Grandpa"! Trent loved when the gun made really loud noises! We had such a fun time and Trent loved telling Daddy all about it when he got home.

As we were walking home from the party Trent asked if he could please take a nap! He didn't seem sick to me, but if he knew he needed to rest, all the better! So, home we went and down we went and we missed some fun halloween activities I had wanted to do, but it just wasn't going to happen this year. When Trent woke up he seemed much happier and has seemed fine ever since!

So, we ended the evening by trick-or-treating at our city's center street businesses and then hit a few of our neighbor's houses. Of course we had to change costumes and see the cute boys in several outfits! Back home handing out candy was really fun for Trent this year and he did a great job helping out. Jasmyn and Marc came over dressed as tourists and we visited for a bit.

You know, I always have big plans, but somehow Ben and Trent are always so happy for the small amount of fun and memories that actually fall into place. If only they knew how much we missed in my mind!!

Tyler's super-excited face!
Trent did pretty good at saying "Trick or Treat" and always said thank you for every little piece of candy! Cutie! He was so excited to see some of the other kids' costumes and told me which things were mean or scary. If they were mean, he told me that mommy didn't like it...he's right!
2 comments:
I am glad you came and had fun! James love Trenton and when he woke up from his nap he said, "Mom, where is Trenton?" I told him you guys had to go home, he replied, "can he come back and play".
I was so embarrassed when my Dad showed up with the Mule. Even though it was a nice surprise and I think the boys enjoyed it, it is just another problem/product of divorced parents. They are quite the pair. Ever since I was little Christmas/Birthdays what ever has always been a one up each other. It gets kind of embarrassing sometimes - a little out of control. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be an ingrate but sometimes a nice easy dollar store gift would be nice too. I know my dad checks out our blog and since I posted our very elaborate trip to Disneyland funded by my Mother it fueled the Mule Insanity.
I love the pumpkin costume and fireman. They are so adorable! I am sorry to hear about the migraines so if you need me to do anything (take the kids so you can relax) or whatever please let me know. James will always welcome a chance for Trenton to come over and play!
PS. I posted so really cute pictures of Trenton on the blog - One is of him doing the pin the flag on the map. And their is one of Tyler having a good time playing with the tissue paper! You really do have 2 cute little boys!
That looks like such a fun party! What cute friends those boys are! BTW, looks like they had a fun Halloween!
Post a Comment