Monday, February 23, 2009

Random Weekend

Saturday was such a nice day! It actually feels like we might get spring and then summer here eventually! After naps we headed over to the park for a bit since Trent has been begging us all winter long and it's just been too cold to stand it much out there. While there another family from our ward had the same idea. It was nice to watch the kids play together and see Trent running around and around having a great time! Oh, I miss being outside so much. That night we headed over to our ward's scout dinner/auction and had a great time. We got some really fun things and hopefully were able to help out the scouts a little. People donated so many things, but my favorite were "The Land Before Time" movies. Okay, I grew up just about dying everytime my brother wanted to watch the first one, but with Trent so in love with dinosaurs, it's really fun to have them once in awhile. Spreading them out will be very fun - for me!
Sunday we hit Ben's uncle's 50th birthday party! We lived with them for two years (in their basement apartment) and I really got to understand where the goodness in my husband comes from. Ben's aunt and uncle are extremely giving and a good example of what it means to be a member of the church. I have always been impressed with Ben's family and am so fortunate to have married into such an amazing family. I'm glad that my sons will have that example from their father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. Such good men.
Tonight Trenton was kicking the soccer ball and playing with the umbrella inside...oh, well! With all the rain today it's hard to get outside for very long. I want the summer back for my little active boys!
And I had to put this picture in. Poor Trent got beat up on Saturday. There's a big scratch on his chin from the tire iron which he did himself while helping Ben rotate the tires. Then he ran into a wall and got the bruise under his eye. He capped off the day by falling out of the car and into the mud at Uncle Jeremy's apartment and ended up with the lovely goose egg on his head. Yes, that's after olive oil...and it hasn't really gone down at all! Oh, boys!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

i think heather uses vicks vaporub whenever spencer gets a goose egg - works wonders!

argylesocks said...

It is interesting to hear what people use for goose eggs. My mother always used real butter, it works amazingly. I wonder if they all work on the same principle or something. Looks like a fun weekend.