
Last year we worked at finding everything I would need for golf. It's not as easy as it seems. We searched everywhere for a ladies left-handed golf (which I actually wear on my right hand) and finding ladies left-handed clubs was a blast too. Of course they are out there, but you usually end up paying more or search for along time to find a good deal. So, Ben worked at it and by the end of the nice weather last year we had all the pieces together. We got to play once!
Friday night we went out and hit the driving range. It's amazing how I am actually starting to improve since having the correct length of clubs. (I did have a left-handers set before, but they were men's, from DI, which was great, except they were a little too long.)

Ben teaching Trenton how to place his hands and swing...

and Trenton actually swinging like a hockey player!

Ben really is pretty good. It frustrates him that he can't really teach me like he'd like to - having different dominate hands really hinders that. Ben played golf in high school and he's always telling me that what he's telling me is what they told him...but it's tricky for me to understand until I am actually doing it and he's watching really closely!
About the same time last year that we found my clubs we also bought a real set for Trenton. He LOVES it and has begged all winter to go golfing. We have set up a little putting path for him in the house because it's just so hard to wait!!
It's funny to me that I would've rather shut myself in a dark closet than watch golf before I married Ben, and now I ask to watch it when he's controlling the remote. This is something I can get on board with!

Tyler is such a good kid. He was so happy and content. As long as he had snacks and could see us he just sat patiently in the stroller and watched. Maybe we'll let him out in the future!
2 comments:
Okay, this is so weird... I only check people's blogs when I see they have updated on my blog list. Well, it hadn't shown that you had updated at all until this morning. Weird! So I just had a great time going through about 6 or 7 posts of yours!! Fun! You guys have been busy having fun, and I didn't even know your family was here. (That's about how much my inlaws tell me :)I think I'm going to do the picture tag. It looks like fun. And you don't look awful in that pic, you look like a cute new mommy! Fun St. Patricks day too! Sorry this comment is so long, but I'm making up for all the posts I missed! Let's do something in a couple weeks again!(And I just realized I use way to many exclamation points!) ;)
This is so much like our family! Cole is great, I try, and the kids have a blast with their sets! My Brock is a lefty, but Cole trained him righty in golf just for the very reasons you mentioned! If you're ever in St. George, I know a family who would love to go golf with you!
Post a Comment