Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fishes, Balancing and Oobleck

We headed to the aquarium to try and find a fish that was like the one in "Cat in the Hat"...one that talked would've been good. No such luck, but we hadn't been in such a long time that it was just plain fun!! I guess we're going back to our indoor activities as the winter gets closer.
Trenton and I have been playing this Cat in the Hat game we have almost everyday lately. We got this game for Christmas from our friends and it's been fun, but now that we are doing all these Dr. Seuss related things, this game has become a HUGE hit! Here Trent is trying to balance all of the things the cat does int he book. Another one of our water experiments...finding out how long this water takes to evaporate. After baths one night Ben was gone and so we read the story "Bartholomew and the Oobleck" and then made some "Oobleck" and played for a long time. It took the boys awhile to realize that I wanted them to squish it and make a mess and so I had to get in there and show them. It definitely took me back to childhood. I love playing with this stuff! (The ever-great cornstarch, just with green coloring!) This was great because "Oobleck" doesn't keep its shape.

1 comment:

Spud said...

Oh, Now I want to make Oobleck! So Jealous!