I love being married! We have three adorable little kiddos who I have the privledge of being mommy to every day. I am blessed to have the many talents and experiences that I do and I try to use them to create wonderful memories for my little family. With plenty of real life moments mixed in too!
Friday, March 19, 2010
St. Patrick's Green Eggs & Ham Day!
The day before St. Patrick's Day it was pretty fabulous weather here and we spent a LONG time running around outside in the sunshine. Trenton rediscovered our rock pile and started collecting all the greenish rocks in his shirt. He dumped them over by me and went to get more. I told him to collect them in a bucket and then we'd use them to decorate for the next day (we'd already talked about how we were going to wear green, etc). He was so excited that I liked what he was doing that he collected WAY more than we needed. I ended up putting a lot of what he gathered in a vase and Trenton loves telling me how he got those green rocks for me. :)
St. Patrick's Day...what a lot of green food coloring was eaten over at our house! And what a lot of fun memories we made...therefore all the green was worth it for a day! Of course we had to eat a green breakfast - pancakes!
Next, don't ask me how my friend and I happen to be so amazing and planned Green Eggs & Ham to land exactly this week (haha), but it's pretty great it did. (Also, Easter comes the week we finish up this book!) We had a great visitor - Chef Sam-I-Am - who came and read us Green Eggs & Ham and then helped us make it for lunch! Add some green lemonade and it's all very GREEN!! Trenton LOVES cracking eggs and I almost have him do so for me every single time because he's getting pretty fast now and I can do other things while he's cracking. He thought all the green was pretty fun and crazy!
And Tyler thinks he should help with stirring everytime...most of the time I agree! :)
And my amazing friend put together these table placemats - with Green Eggs and Ham theme - and we colored them and talked about how to set a table. All the table setting pieces are outlined, so it made it even more fun!
Trenton had so much fun telling Daddy all about it when we got home. It was a pretty fun day and one he'll talk about for the next few weeks at least! For dinner we got away with no more food coloring - just green peas! Plenty of green for me for one day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My kids are still pooping Green. Maybe I will rethink all the green next year - na it was way to fun for them. I love Trenton's green rock thing. And I love even more how good a Mom you are by letting him display them. I thought you might save Green Eggs and Ham for St. Patrick's day; how fun!
You make me feel like a bad mom...in a good way! You're amazing. I'm going to come back to your blog a lot when Bella is older so I can have fun ideas! She couldn't care less about green food right now, in fact she would probably refuse to eat it, but you guys look like you had so much fun! Hope you're feeling okay and let's get together again soon :)
Hahaha! So I've come to conclusion that my family is the ONLY family that does NOT have green eggs and ham for St. Patty's Day. LOL I totally need to try it though - looks fun!!!
~ Danya
lyndadoption.blogspot.com
Post a Comment