Today I did some things for me: #1 - made sure the dishes got done. I know that sounds like it's not for me, but there always seems to be dishes to do. Tonight I'm going to bed with nothing in the sink! #2 - I took about 30 minutes today and cleaned out some things...a part of my closet, the piano bench, and the bathroom cabinet. That turned into me wanting to clean out and throw away half my house. I think I will. #3 - I decided I'm going to take one night a week (or every other) to do all those things that get thrown to the side when you have kids and a house: taking a bath with the really good-smelling shower gel & music, plucking, shaving, manicure/pedicure, taking a pumice stone to my feet, etc. I did that tonight and I feel AWESOME! Less than an hour and I feel good.
Tomorrow I'm starting my 'happiness project' and I'm super excited. It's nothing new, or that I don't really want to do anyway, but giving it a name is making me realize that taking the 10 minutes a day to do some of these things is not only worth it, but essential.
The best thing I have been given in the past few weeks is patience from Ben. I told him tonight that I just feel so close to him and happy about our relationship - and I feel like he should be pushing me away because I'm a little nutty. I guess I need to continue to remember that if Ben & Heavenly Father aren't pushing me away, then it's okay for me to spend some extra time on this figuring stuff out thing. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it does in my head.
I read an article about who do we turn to in times of need. It helped a lot. We are given so many tools and good things in this age that can help us, and we're supposed to turn to Jesus Christ as the main part of that. It's figuring out all the things that we need and bringing that balance of information into our lives. It's all about balance...of which I have little right now. That's part of my project.
1 comment:
I'm going to have to look up the happiness project. Words are so powerful and it really does help to assign a name to something like that.
Post a Comment