Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sweet Paige!

I really cannot believe that this little girl has been with us for two whole years now! I feel like this should only be her first birthday. Our family loves having this spunky addition to our family. She is all cheesy smiles and informative information that you just said repeated back to you in a very serious manner. If she feels the need to be part of a conversation, she will start telling us things very emphatically - like who is sleeping or where we are going. She will tell me throughout the day that Ben is at work and that he drove his car. This is all very serious! This is her hair every morning - always long and in her eyes. What you can't see is the ratty mess in the back from where she rubs her head from side to side while she sleeps.
This morning we decided to let her open one present, because even though she won't know she's having to wait until daddy gets home to open presents, I will and I have been wanting to give her her presents for a month now!!

 What could you want more than a microwave and lots of food to cook in it? Paige has played with this toy at a friend's house a couple of times. Tyler really wanted to get it for her when shopping for presents. I think it was a hit because for about two hours straight all I heard was the beeping of the buttons as she cooked every piece of toy food we own.
Paige's favorite color is PINK. No doubt about that!! She lays out her pink blanket underneath her head/over her pillow after we put her in bed at night. She snuggles with her blanket and her favorite baby, which is named 'baby'. About 8 months ago I was telling her that the color of her blanket was pink, after which she started calling her blanket 'pink' and now we all call it 'pink'. While she has three other pink blankets, that is the only one she wants wrapped up all over and under her and her babies.

Paige is very opinionated in a Prima Donna sort of way. She wants everything the way she 'knows' it's supposed to happen and gets upset when things don't work out. We're working on it. :) When having company over and have people sitting up to the table she gets a little bent out of shape if someone sits in one of our seats. She likes things to be 'normal' or the same. Which is also the same reason she notices little details that no one else picks up on. She notices when someone visiting picks up the dressing from the table to put it away - she will run to the fridge and after they open it, show them right where to put it. It's funny. Mostly...:)
Paige is a very good eater. She scans the table and makes sure she has a little of everything on her plate. She wants to try everything and while we try to talk her out of eating the hot sauce, we have let her try a bit on her tongue to help convince her to leave it alone! She loves liquid! I'm very glad she eats well because if she could have a liquid diet, she would. Milk, Juice, Water - she will ask for everything on the list over and over trying to find what she can get you to give her at that moment.

Paige will name the people in our family who are gone - over and over. If she doesn't know where they are, she'll ask me until she remembers, and then she'll tell me where they are. It's important to be in 'the know' with her. I can't imagine where this need comes from...;)
She wants to hold our hands while walking. Until suddenly she doesn't. When trying to pull away she will tell us she's big and that she wants to 'walk'. Which means, walk without us holding hands. She does know now that we have to hold hands on 'the black' or the street.

Paige is girlie, girlie, girlie. She LOVES to have her hair done. I like doing her hair too because you throw a little water on it and it just curls so cute! Paige thinks that getting her nails painted is pretty much one of the coolest things ever, for which, she will drop everything else she is interested in to come sit very still on my bedroom floor. She loves packing around her favorite things for the day in either a stroller or a purse. Some of the things that tend to be with her purse all the time are my old cell phone and her sunglasses...but again, don't know where that comes from. :)
I'm so happy to be your mother, Paige. You are so sweet and you notice when even I need a hug or kiss. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and having many more girlie shopping trips with you in the years to come! I love you, Sweet Paige!

2 comments:

Laney said...

She's so cute and sassy! That's a sweet post. Can't wait to see what girl #2 adds to your fam!!

Telitaadams said...

What a sweetie pie! I love that she loves nail polish and that she notices who's gone and wants things done just-so. So sweet! What a beautiful tribute to her. Happy birthday to Paige! (P.S., love that you can't wait to give her presents. I'm dying to let Emma open up her 2nd birthday presents)