Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Can't you just imagine them as teenagers??!!

I had all the kids sitting at the counter eating breakfast this morning. I was ready for the day and felt mostly on top of the morning (despite being woken up at 5am by a little 4-year-old). Even Paige slept until nearly 7am, which is a small miracle in itself lately.

When out of nowhere Tyler started crying silently to himself. Of course I tried to ask him what was wrong and then Trenton joined in. That seemed to make it worse and since Ty told me he wasn't feeling sick or wasn't hurt and he really didn't know why he was crying, I let it go.

I walked into the bedroom where Ben was getting ready to ask him a question and in the middle of that we heard Paige start crying her eyes out! When we came out, Paige tried to explain, but Trenton ended up telling us that Paige had tried to talk to Tyler and he told her to leave him alone. Awesome! So with two of the three crying and Trenton caught in the middle, we prayed and said goodbye to Ben. Then Ben and I looked at each other and our parting words were, me: "oh, what a fun day I'm going to have!" and Ben: "maybe you should try and take a nap today since they will probably sleep for several hours!"

I asked Tyler to apologize (because Paige wouldn't stop crying until then - it's like she has feelings or something) and then asked Paige to please leave Tyler alone because he wasn't feeling good. She could understand that - just not being told to leave him alone without a reason! Oh, fun! Seriously, dealing with the feelings of everyone, especially Paige, is so much more draining than changing diapers and cleaning up food all day long!

So, yes, it's 9:47am right now and I am exhausted. I have a visiting teaching appointment in a few minutes and then we will all be back here for a very much needed do-nothing day of reading and sleeping. And it's only Tuesday....:)

1 comment:

argylesocks said...

We have had a few too many of those days around here, and I too feel like crying!