Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Bird Zoo

We have never taken a trip to the 'bird zoo' as Tyler now calls it. Partly because I didn't even have a real knowledge of its' exsistence until a few years ago and partly because I don't know anyone who has thought it the best place ever, but when you already have a pass that lets you in for free, it's worth a shot to check the place out!
Let's just say, Tyler LOVES this aviary! He thought everything was amazing and because we went on a cool and quiet day, it'll probably always hold a magical sense for me too. It was very peaceful and calm to be there and to see kids that were also quiet and in awe of everything. I've been asked several times when we can go back. And although Trenton told me he didn't want to go, Tyler has now convinced him that we need to make it back there as quickly as possible!

 Tyler wanted these swans to come over to him...he told me he wanted to pet them. While every animal in his mind loves him just as much as he loves them, I did have to break it to him that they would probably bite him and so maybe our hands should stay on this side of the fence.
 My favorite part was the owl forest. We were in there all by ourselves and it's peaceful and beautiful. And Tyler wants me to actually read him the information about each bird, which means I learn a thing or two also.



 The bird show just happened to be during the 1 1/2 we were there. They brought out some fun birds and told a lot about each one. They even had an emu run across the stage, which was pretty much the talk at the dinner table that night! Tyler loves learning about animals and I'm so glad we had a 'bird zoo' to go to and make some good memories. And I think we have to take everyone back next time we go!


No comments: