Monday, March 10, 2008

the quiet of night


Well, I'm on my own this week...Ben's at an engineer show for work so I'm trying to wing it with the boys. Today was put out fire after fire day, but it's finally 10pm and both of them are sleeping very peacefully! I probably should be in bed too, but I just need a couple minutes to myself doing something other than cleaning up spit up, reading "Finding Nemo" for the dozenth time, or sing the "Thomas" songs over and over! It's so much fun and I love most of the minutes of the day, but I really love when Ben comes home and I am able to have an adult to talk to and someone to pass off the kids to - even just for five seconds!
Today was cleaning day too, so I'm glad that's over. Maybe getting out for much of the day will really help all of us not feel so cramped up. I am loving the weather right now - it could be a tiny bit warmer, but just not having to wear a coat feels wonderful! Maybe just running in the sun tomorrow would do the trick.
My two little boys are so cute...I really need to take more pictures. Perhaps after a little more sleep I could think about that too. Here Trent asked to hold Tyler, but then wasn't so sure and wanted to give him back right away! He is great at giving kisses, but doesn't like how wiggly Tyler is.
Yes, today ended up better than I thought it would, but I'm glad for the night and peace which makes me all the more grateful for my boys when they are happy and rested! Definately time to sleep!

No comments: