I think you have to be a mom who has gone through or is going through this stage of life to fully appreciate my excitement in this blog. But everyone else is still welcome to read it!
Trent is potty-training! And by that I mean that he has it almost all down himself. He hasn't had a wet accident in over a week now and everything else is coming along too. Oh, my goodness! It's so exciting! I realize that Trent hardly gave me any diapers to change lately, but even cutting back two or three a day is so much when you're talking 10+ between the two kids!
Trent is so cute how excited and proud of himself he is and how he keeps telling me that he's a big boy now! Only Tyler is a baby! Trent's adorable. I really didn't mean for things to happen this quickly - in fact I was going to wait until after his third birthday, but he watched a little friend of his "be big" and then get stickers on a chart and decided he wanted the same. Every time I ask if he wants to go back into a diaper (because of an accident) he insists that he doesn't and says he'll try again. He always asks me to give him "two minutes" whenever I ask him questions that involve keeping dry! We made a break through today though when I didn't even keep track of things and he just told me himself - and he was even playing with a buddy and was pretty distracted. I think we're on a roll!
Anyhow, I realize that no one else really cares, but this is what is happening in my life right now and I am so excited about the couple fewer diapers and now we're even getting to less laundry!! What could be better?!!
Maybe someone else is more excited than I am about something else, but if you only understood how happy and relived I am about all this, then maybe my great news still comes out on top! Anyhow - Hooray for big boys and exciting moments in the bathroom!
1 comment:
Congrats!!!! Go Trent!
Post a Comment