I love to read. Of course that's not a surprise to anyone reading this, but it's still very true. Now being able to read whenever I want isn't always an option anymore, but I still find the time, I just have to be even more selective of what I read in my precious reading moments. I love this site called Goodreads.com. It allows me to get great book ideas from other people and then be able to keep track of what books I have read either to myself or to Trent. Since I read aloud for literature time from "bigger" books to him, it's nice to remember what I've read to him before and how long ago, etc. If you haven't joined goodreads, you should think about it so that I can glean from your great finds. Or just keep in really good contact with me and let me know what some favorites are!
On that note I just read two fabulous books by the same author: Merrilee Boyack. She is VERY funny and yet brings it all together with some needed seriousness at times. The books are "The Parenting Breakthrough" and "Strangling Your Husband Is Not An Option". You laugh, but it is one of the best marriage books I've ever read and the most complete as it is written by a member and brings those insights to the table. If you ever get a chance to read something really fast and really happy and really helpful, these are the two I would recommend first. So, get reading and tell me what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment