Every night since Tyler could follow me into the kitchen, I have been pulling out bowls, spoons, and lids for him to play with. Trent usually comes in and plays with Tyler and since all these things only get pulled out as I'm trying to make dinner, it makes the crying and the "Mom, me snack?"'s a little less and easier to deal with. Friday night I taped some of the fun, but be careful with how loud your volume is because Trent really goes to town. Those two kept each other busy for an entire hour and I actually got an entire meal made and ready to eat before Ben came home. Since that was the plan, I think it went rather well!Today was the day we decided Tyler's hair was just too long...so, first haircut! I was a little sad afterwards because now his hair will grow in thicker and won't be his baby softness, and also because it made him look so much older than he already does. Not having much baby fat in his cheeks just makes him look so grown up. But, when we tested out the food-in-the-hair during dinner tonight, it was very worth it during clean up!
BEFORE...
...and AFTER
Here is Tyler showing off his new-found voice! Of course I had to help pull it out a little bit after the camera came into view, but don't pay any attention to that...just Tyler!
After the game today we came right home and raked up some leaves. Our front yard was pretty covered and even though not every single leaf has fallen, we decided to get most up before it starts raining - rained on, soggy leaves aren't much fun to work with. We had a little fun with it. Trent kept switching back and forth between "helping" with his little rake and playing football by himself. What a good kid. He needs a brother to run around with!
It's very different having to rake leaves before the snow gets them all soggy! Although we have had our first snow this year...and it reminded me of Victorville since it was melted by 11am. Trent immediately started asking if we could make a snowman, but Ben told him we need a little more snow. He can say that since we know there will be plenty more snow to use. In Victorville you get out there immediately and drop everything because it's your one and only chance - for a few years anyway! It's different and fun having changing seasons.
4 comments:
How fun... your little Tyler is so cute, I loved the video of him "talking". My kids were watching it with me and giggling like crazy. I can't believe he's only a couple months older than Baron who can't even sit-up yet! What a cute family you have :)
Tyler looks so much like Ben. It is so cute! On Saturday this coming up Saturday, the 15th. I am having a Stampin' up party at my apartment from 11 am tell about 12:30 we are making two holiday cards, and having treats. It will be really fun. Let me know if you could come by Tuesday, I would love it!
awww amber... i love your cute little baby voice! oh, was tyler talking too because i was only paying attention to you! haha Tyler is so adorable...and you reminded me that I need to get out there and rake up my leaves.
Love the leaf pictures the best! Waaaaaaaaaaay adorable!!!!!!
Post a Comment