Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lots of SHOCKING behavior from Ben

I think after a few years together Ben is really starting to get me. I just hope that he feels like I get him enough too! Here's what I mean: it was our turn for kids-traded babysitting date night and BEN said he wanted to go pick out a little black dress for me to wear to his company Christmas party this year! Of course he's gone other times, but it's usually because him watching the kids is the only way we're going to fit in whatever small clothing shopping to do for myself. Anyhow, it was great and Ben was able to tell me what he liked on me and we weren't rushed or yelled at! Bliss... So, then we went shopping for Ben's once-a-year shoes. Now, Ben does take a lot longer to find what he wants, but he makes sure he gets what he will use until it falls apart (practically), so it's a good thing. It was a great night with lots of success!
We got some Christmas money from a Grandpa, so for the first year ever! we took the boys to Toys R Us and let them pick out any toy they wanted! It was so much fun! We set a bunch of things on the floor and let Tyler "choose" that way...with lots of input from big brother! Of course they are Christmas presents and so we're waiting for Christmas (even though I have a really hard time with that!) Then Trent wanted to get some things for his friends! It was so cute! Here's the boys playing on the little ride at the front of the store while Daddy pays for everything.

Probably the most exciting and SHOCKING thing to tell is that I am almost all completely ready for Christmas!! Okay, that's just exciting, not shocking. I just have things like Christmas cards and some of the more fun Christmasy things that get me in the holiday mood. Here's the shocking part: I asked Ben if we could please have everything all bought and wrapped BEFORE Thanksgiving (for my sanity) and he said sure. Well, I ask this every year and it sometimes happens, mostly...
So, last night Ben really wanted me to play a computer game with him :) and to tip the answer to yes he said that for date night he wanted to "help you wrap presents while we watch ANY MOVIE OF YOUR CHOICE!". I'm picking the best chick-flick ever since Ben watching ANY movie with me is very rare. What a guy! I'm excited that December will be filled with playing in the snow, making snowflakes, baking with Trenton, and counting down the magical days with a red and green chain! That's how December should be spent!
P.S. I finally pulled out the wooden spoons from the deep, dark cabinet. Not that I'm any closer to using them, but enough of you come over and ask for them, so now they are easily accessible. :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great guy! I just LOVE when Andy is in a giving mood like that, I'll admit that I'm guilty of taking advantage!

Krystal said...

Clothes shopping sans kids is really fun! Wish I could go do that sometime soon! Love the dress.

Melissa said...

Wow Amber, what a great husband. :) I love my hunny lots, but I don't think he would EVER suggest to go shopping voluntarily (he doesn't even do it for himself). But he does a lot of other amazing things for me like getting up and making me a quesidilla in the middle of the night because my pregnant tummy really needs one! :)

Kayla said...

Amber I am so glad you found my blog!!! I didn't even know that you had another baby!!! I love catching up on blogs! ....by the way love the dress, where did you find it???

Kayla said...

My computer just did something funny so I think you'll end up with two comments on yours....I didn't think one worked, but I think they both worked....sorry!

Amanda said...

I love the black dress. and what a great guy for letting you pick out the movie. and go you for having christmas done, i haven't even begun to think about christmas yet. i guess i need to. LOL