Friday, November 28, 2008

"Oh, the drama" update!

The bottle thing is great now! Tyler took at least 6 bottles that first day! Poor kid - I really think he was getting too hungry for what I could give him. But, he seems much happier now and is still doing great. I did have some issues with the measuring thing at first and he'd either leave a lot or still want more, but I think I have it pretty well down now. I also had a little problem with the flow of the milk, but I fixed that nicely and now a 6oz bottle only takes 10-15 minutes. He's so much happier with that! And...since I never lose the pregnancy weight while I'm nursing, I am kinda excited to start exercising with a goal! I think with everything being pregnant and nursing takes from me it's also a good thing for my own health. I'm so grateful that we live in a day and age where there are so many options when it comes to feeding our kids and we don't have to really worry about who - just what. And nothing's more important than a happy, healthy baby!
P.S. Thank you so much to all of you who let me cry about the emotional stuff or just very sweetly told me it wasn't the end of everything. I "know" it's not a big deal now, but it was in that moment for me and it's still hard to get a grasp on your mommy feelings sometimes. And those will be different for each person and each child. Goodness, but those mommy/child bonds are strong!!

2 comments:

Brittany N Travis said...

glad to hear you're doing great. How was the family's thanksgiving?

Sarah said...

Amber, I totally know what you mean. I am always so ready to be done nursing that I never think about how I will really feel when I am completely done. After about a month, I always feel bad and think "Why was it such a big deal to me to not continue nursing? Now anyone can feed them and they don't need me anymore!" It's a love/hate relationship for me. It has so many benefits and yet so many things that I hate about it. I'm mostly just proud of myself that I do it for as long as I do and you should be too! The only reason I let Baron go as long as he did is because of the way I had felt bad before with the other kids. I still feel kinda bad because I know he doesn't love the bottle. You're very lucky that Tyler does!!! ((HUGS)) Good job for making it through! :)