Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Randomness

Just some random thoughts. I found this website because a friend posted about it. It allows you to create your own font that you can use on your computer like any other font. It's pretty cool. I did one and now I want to play around a bit and makes ome really cool ones! http://www.yourfonts.com/
This picture was taken during a shopping trip with Ben. I'm so lucky that he can be goofy with me and play around a bit. I started trying on scarves and being silly while he was really just wanting to get out of the store! So he told me I could only buy one (I didn't even want one) if I could pose just like the scary girl heads above me. Well, either I have very short arms or they have incredibly long ones. Either way, this is the best I got. I made a really good chicken and rice dish for dinner Sunday. I made it in the crock pot, but it would be very simple to make on the stove. Ben loved it which means it must've been good enough to make again.
Cook 1 lb chicken breasts. (I used the George Foreman, but you could also quickly cook on the stove.) Slice into long strips. In the crockpot combine 1 chopping onion, 1 sliced red pepper, 1 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup italian dressing, and the chicken strips. Cover and turn to high for about an hour. Serve over hot, seasoned rice. (I always add garlic, boullion, pepper, etc. to my rice that Ben will taste a lot of!)
Lastly, I love this time of year because I always love thinking about what goals I'm going to accomplish next year. The last few years I have begged some of my siblings to "color" their goals with me, which just means that we sit down and make our written goals look extra nice with water colors or colored pencils. It's always a lot of fun for me to have my siblings around as we talk about what we want to accomplish and then get it ready to inspire us throughout the coming year. I know it's a little weird, but I'm already writing down things to put on the 2009 goals list.
Oh, and I found the best channel ever...it plays so many great, old movies. In one day I found (and recorded) "Meet Me in St. Louis" and "Scrooge" (the musical!). What a find!

5 comments:

Jasmyn said...

You're weird. And I love you. And I think I'll try that dinner...or rather, I'll tell Marc how to make it. ;)
Love, Jasmyn

The Woody's Fam said...

You crack me up. I agree you must just have short arms. J/K what is up with those mannequins - I am surprised you didn't blog about your dislike regarding mannequins. Especially those freaky ones. I am not afraid of mannequins but those things even freak me out; so unnatural.

Danya said...

HAHAHAHA your picture made me crack up! I don't know why but I can't stop laughing!!!

clarkfamblog said...

You are too funny. I like the pose and I'm trying your chicken recipe tonight for dinner. I hope it turns out as well. Loved your Christmas card...thanks.

Neil and Kristi said...

You're too fabulous too! Thanks for the comment honey, you're awesome! I will have to try your recipe, I love chicken with rice.