Monday, January 19, 2009

Growing Up

I can hardly believe how big my boys are getting. Yesterday Trent gave his first scripture in Primary and did a great job. He loved getting up and speaking into the microphone, and it probably helped that his friend James got up right before him. The scripture he said was Psalms 82:6, which of course I now have memorized and he has several parts down! He was so proud of himself all day that it was fun to talk about. He loves running to show me what he did in Primary and tell me about everything he learned. What a good example of being full-of-life!
Today when I walked into the boy's room to get Tyler up from his nap, he had the light on. I didn't know how quickly he would figure out how to flip that on in the dark, but I guess I know now. Just now after his afternoon nap, again the light was turned on when I entered the room. What a funny kid!
Why is it that time seems to creep along so slowly some days, but overalll it seems that time doesn't just move along, but runs and you see your kids' lives in small blinks?!! I'm so lucky to get to enjoy the time I have with them. As Trenton reminds me daily, "Today I'm three, Mom!"

No comments: