Saturday, January 31, 2009

A sleep-over party

Two very happy boys "shoveling" snow and watching the train. They were upset it wasn't longer. Trent told me that "shoveling is hard work". They were hungry for lunch.


Tomorrow is my dear friend's anniversary. I'm happy for her. I want to be more like her. You see, charity and kindness and thinking about others doesn't come naturally for me. But it seems to pour from her. It's things like that that I want more in my life - naturally! I guess it should go on a list. :)
Anyhow, a couple of months ago we hatched this plan which would get each of us and our husbands off for a whole night for our anniversaries. It worked out nicely that our babies are old enough and sweet enough to go along with this plan.
What this post is really about then is the two sets of twins we had for 24 hours! Good kids. It helps that everyone knows the rules - especially Ben who was calmly told her wasn't allowed to leave the house unless at least two of the kids were asleep, at the same time. He obliged.
Of course my cousin flew in last night and so we had to get all the cousins up here together for dinner at our house...with extra kids...and it was fun! At least I had fun. If you're going to have a party you might as well have a party. The boys loved it! More people to play with.
Every meal was like a battle and then I felt compelled to clean up the battlefield after each fight to prepare for the next.
Okay, honestly, it would have been a battlefield a few years ago. I think I've relaxed a little. Either it was in my head or all the kids were little angels and just wanted to have a good time together. And they wanted to all sleep through the night. Very sweet. Not that I want two sets of twins, but all six of us had a good, relaxing time. We even got six baths/showers in before lunchtime. It almost seemed simplier than with just my two...hmm...
Is this Amber talking?

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm glad Spencer had so much fun!!! He was SOOO excited to go to Trenton's house and sleep over! Ü I think the helping and service thing must come from our mom - all of us sisters seem to have it. Ü We'll all come help clean up your battlefield anytime. Ü

Spud said...

I love you!
I can't believe it has taken me this long to get caught up on reading my blogs and please lets not even get on the subject of my blog.
The kids had such a wonderful time at your house and I personally can't wait to have them over. I am really lucky!