
Of course we go to the dinosaur museum a lot, but we haven't been in such a long time. (Which probably means it's been close to two months!!) We even got Trent to stand, for just a quick second, in front of the very "scary" shark.

This is actually several times bigger than a white shark and is supposed to represent a shark that lived long ago at the time of the dinosaurs.
The other fun part about this trip was that Heather roped me into looking for the several garden gnomes hidden within the museum. We're not sure why they are there, but we looked so hard and only found one. Well, actually, Heather found it, but they are so hard to find in there. I guess we have to go back several more times to try and find them!

Heather & Rachel playing in the tunnel.

I watched the older kids while they played in the sand and water and Heather took the babies over to the little carpeted area we found together fairly recently.

Tyler is pretty good about hanging out in the stroller. That tray is great when you fill it up with snacks. What could be better?

Climbing all over the dinosaur.

Digging - we always have to save a lot of time for this last room.

Here Trent said he was an indian. He cracks me up. I think this came from trying to stall while getting dressed, but it was funny enough for me to stop and take pictures.
One of our favorite activities right now was born of desperation - turning on music and dancing around the house for a long time. It's just too cold to go outside everyday and yet I don't always want to leave the house. This is now something that Trent asks for. He laughs and says I'm silly, which is great because I suspect one day I will just be embarassing.
Today I was praised for vacuuming. It surprised me because the last time that happened I think I was eight years old. "Good job vacuuming, Mom!" It's great when you get a little boost from your kids for doing things that only you will do!
5 comments:
I know, I love when my kids praise me... especially when they say I am the best cook ever (because everyone knows I am NOT!)
What a fun place!
What funny and sweet boys you have. They are adorable. Dancing around the living room is a favorite at our house too.
Amber!!! I have been thinking about you and Jasmyn a lot lately for some odd reason.. I happened to stumble upon Travis's blog and saw you had one of your own. I would love to talk with you and see how you are doing and what you and Ben are up to.
Your Boys are so cute...very handsome little men!
I have a blog, it is private, I would love to add you!! email me if you get a chance, katieerbe@hotmail.com
I would love to talk and catch up... Katie Erbe (Race)
i feel your pain! i hate being cooped up in the winter and yet i have NO desire to go outside in the cold! we used to do the funnest things when i was kid (well - at least they were fun to me!!) i remember building forts, helping my mom pull molasses taffy, and (best of all) getting our hands all buttered up so we could squish rice krispie treats into teddy bear molds! You'll have to ask heather what else we did, she probably remembers better than i do. Ü
Post a Comment