So, after reading through this post, it's kinda sappy! Sometimes moms need sappy...
I was talking to a friend and she mentioned how after reading my "venting" post she thought, maybe that's why we're supposed to write in journals. My mom used to write "morning pages" or basically get all the bad/annoyed/frustrated/weird feelings out and then move on with your life. Of course my "journal/morning pages" worked! I spent the rest of the weekend, after canceling our very full days, just enjoying time with the family. I also was spiritually fed and felt so much better about everything even while still sitting with two sick kids. They are well now and just as happy as ever.
Friday Ben had the day off and so that helped a lot. I took a nap Friday, Saturday, and Sunday while the boys napped and that really helped me. I put a different attitude into serving - my family and others - and we all know how focusing on other people gives us a completely different view on things. Sunday I had an early morning YW training meeting which was great because usually Ben leaves early on Sundays and we don't see him again until after nap time. The meeting was very fulfilling for me and while I learned a lot of useful things for the YW, I also learned so much for myself. I came away feeling great!
Then Ben had some meetings and I had an appointment so we juggled the boys at home. Since I was the last out of the house, Ben said I should be the one to make it to church. It was GREAT! Of course I missed my family all day, but I loved being able to listen to EVERY SINGLE THING SAID in ALL THREE HOURS! Incredible!
It's amazing how just getting a little perspective helps so much.
I am grateful that Ben & I have prepared and there isn't anything to be afraid of. I am grateful for Ben's job and how hard he has worked to get to where he is today. I'm grateful that his boss really likes him. I am grateful that my boys were only sick for a few days and really were pretty happy (at least after the first 24 hours!) I'm grateful that Ben pitches in even after a long day at work. I'm grateful Ben always comes into the kitchen and offers to help cook...especially on the weekends. I'm grateful that Ben usually offers to cook on the weekends! I'm so grateful that we have a home and all the comforts we enjoy. I'm grateful that we had a TV this weekend on which sick kids could lay down and watch some shows. So, while the list keeps going and I'm actually keeping a running total somewhere else, I really have so much to look forward to a be grateful for.
Is the moral to the story "leave your husband home with the kids on Sundays sometimes"? I don't think so, but it was nice to have those experiences.
3 comments:
I am so thankful I was the beneficiary of your doing good things for others! Thanks you for all you have done for our family - the bread was super ymmmy, and just being there to listen goes so far! I am glad your week is going better and that the weekend was a spiritual feeding for you!
I liked this post, thought it was good advice. I have lots to vent about right now and my husband is sick of hearing it!! My only concern is that I would spend too much of my day on the venting journal and not have enough time for the "moving on" part!! :) I need to come down and hang out with you again so your goodness can rub off on me! We'll see you this weekend.
I love reading your blog. It helps me to remember the small things that I forget to be grateful for. You are such a wonderful person!
Post a Comment