Friday, April 24, 2009

Mommy Things

You know, some things I have been thinking about lately really need to be written down so I'll remember them in the years ahead!
Tyler: I love seeing his perfectly rectangle-shaped feet as he's walking around trying to keep it all together with everything from cups and spoons to pieces of paper snatched from the office wastebasket.
It's so fun to watch him come up with his own "learning". He is growing so fast. I LOVE this age! One of his favorites is to stack all the same types of cups from our cup drawer together. Often he takes the cups or a bucket and sets up right by the door and fills them up with the letter magnets. He then will bring them to whoever happens to be around and offer them. He is a very sharing kid!
Tyler is also following Trent's example and "talking" up a storm! Those two boys just go back and forth constantly. Tyler is officially saying "mama" and "dada" - you know, the way every baby does. "mama" is the sad, tired, whining voice and "dada" is the happy, contented, pleasant chatter of a little kid having a great day!
Trenton: Non-stop chatter! I love it - especially because he took FOREVER to really start talking, but it always amazes me how much he says now. This past week has been very educational for Ben & me...Trent has been telling us how to do EVERYTHING! Right now it's stuff about how the plants will grow, which ways to turn to get to our destinations, how old he will be on his birthday, how OUR phones work, why we need to brush our teeth - to keep sugar bugs away -, that he always wants to read the first verse of scriptures at night, etc, etc, etc!!! Of course it's all the stuff we have been saying for the past few years and now that those things make sense, he wants to let us know that he gets it! It's very cute.
Trent is also into asking questions about everything and that I love, too. He loves learning from us at this point in his life so everything I tell him about the dinosaurs we're reading about or why we have to get enough sleep at night he just soaks up and then shares the information I've fed him for the past three days back with me when it really settles in with him.
Trenton LOVES counting. He counts everything - absolutely everything. And when I gave him 11 peas when he asked for 8, I had to take those away because it was not right!
As for both my boys: I love that they will both go to sleep at the same time - awake, in the same room and talk softly to each other and then just fall asleep. We heard them for about a half minute tonight and it made me happy.
Anyhow, these are the fun things I wanted to remember. Mommy things.

1 comment:

argylesocks said...

Your boys are so adorable. I am so glad you have such good boys. You deserve them.