Having extra help at the dinosaur museum is always a plus! We had a great time with my friend Heather and her sister Amanda and Heather's neighbor and her kids. We are up to 10 knomes now!!

We have had my sister Heather staying with us since the family reunion and it's been so much fun! She is so helpful and yet also drags me into all her fun things she wants to do so I have felt like I have a built-in girlfriend this past week. It's been a very long time since I've had one living with me! Monday she cut my hair (mostly just added layers), did facials, painted nails, sewed me a skirt (it's SO cute!), hemmed a shirt that's needed fixing for a long time, went shopping with me, and of course did all the other things like help with meals, cleaning (Monday deep-cleaning) and played with the boys. It was so great! And that was just one day! She also worked out with me, and later in the week just encouraged me. :) Saturday night she colored my hair and I love it. She's got a nack for all things beauty and it's really sweet of her to offer up what she knows.
I think we spent a little of everyday sitting in the sun and watching her favorite music videos on youtube - mostly Taylor Swift. Side Note: while driving to the store on Monday we drove right by Taylor Swift's tour bus. Heather remembered she was in Utah and sure enough Monday was her day between concerts. I don't feel like I know very much "in" music right now (whatever it is) but it was fun to get to know what Heather liked. She definitely has an opinion and I love how excited she gets over things she likes.
Heather being here made things so much easier. She willingly watched the boys while I went in for my ultrasound (looking at everything and found nothing). Then two days later she watched the boys while Ben and I went on a golfing date. It was so much fun, however I think I've figured out why Ben always wants me to play with him: he wants a built in golfing partner when he retires! Ben wanted to play the course he would play on Monday for work. What a horrible job: get paid to play golf!!

Thursday night is mutual so Heather (and the boys) came with me. With Ben in meetings everyone is really good about my kids always being with me. The night was a fear factor game with the boys and it turned out to be really fun. The big tarp Trent is standing on is covered in soap and water and was used as a huge slip and slide for one of the challenges.

Trenton asked me if he could play on it - sure! One of the girls was slipping around and getting all wet (she had a bathing suit on underneath) and Trent wanted to play with her. He asked if he could take his clothes off and I told him just his shirt - he didn't hear me. All of a sudden I was running across the grass because I was laughing too hard: he had shorts off too and was starting on the underwear. I guess I need to bring his swim suit next time!
Needed another place to go during the week so we hit the aquarium. Their new exhibit is open and it's very cool. We had a great time checking out all the "cute baby crocodiles" as Trent called them.

This frog and Trent stared at each other for a good five minutes...Trent was playing with him as he would move and follow the frog. I wish I had the giggle on tape.
Heather again watched the boys for several hours on Saturday while Ben and I helped Marc & Jasmyn move. We're so excited they are staying fairly near us and that our kids will actually have a cousin soon! Trent told me he thinks Ty is too big and we need another baby....um....Let's hope this baby girl helps that a little!
So, we've had lots of fun this week. Heather is very generous with her time and knowledge. She's also a blast to be around! Everything is intense!! I sure hope she has a great time at EFY this week.
1 comment:
What a nice sister. And your hair looks so cute. I am impressed. I am so glad you had a great week.
Post a Comment