Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Reading Days


This is Tyler's all-time favorite past time right now...reading. He climbs up onto the couch and gathers a large pile of books around himself and will sit there for up to 30 minutes in a stretch. Of course he can easily be swayed to play something else, but if nothing much is really happening the couch is where we find him.
Our library just started their summer reading program and Trent thinks it'll be so much fun. Of course we already read WAY more than the 20 minutes you have to for the program, but having the little boxes to check off is exciting, right? I remember when we were in this reading program when I was a kid and the prize was a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. Those were good!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhh, that is stinkin adorable! I wish Bear would do that. If I give him a book, he just rips it to pieces, be it cardboard or not. Maybe someday he'll chill out enough to actually READ them...

Alicia Jane said...

They still have the Book it program...my boys' got them all this year! of course, it's not a cool button with stickers like we used to have, it's just a piece of paper to check off.

Jasmyn said...

What a cutie! I love that boy.