I think the trenches lead to dilusions about what things are really exciting and what isn't. Case in point: Three weeks ago my vacuum just stopped working. Ben tried to fix it, but when he got it open he figured it wasn't worth his time, especially that day. So, I went shopping and bought another one. We've had our vacuum since we were married - it was a gift - and it's been great, but since bringing home my new find I actually enjoy vacuuming now. The cool little rotating stair attachment and the expandable duster all make it a little more fun. I don't know why, but having something that I like to do a job that I don't seems to make it more fun. So, even in the daily trenches of motherhood I have found ways to get excited - like buying a new vacuum and dragging my kids along for the ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment