Saturday, July 25, 2009

Family Time

Since Ben had quite a few days off this week we decided to use this time to take mini day trips around here and spend some time together. We have done something fun the past few days and are all tired and ready for a schedule to come back into play. We had to go to McDonald's because Trenton always asks to go there and we tell him no frequently (we don't like it) and we even let him stay and play! Tyler can now get around everything and does stairs, slides, etc. great so these past few days have been even nicer than expected!
Trenton has also talked about "the hotel with the fun ball place" since our stay in a hotel back in April. Well, we just slept at our home this time, but took the trip up there on the "train" and played for hours! We have relaxed lots at home too and I think I have taken a very long nap for the past three days! Hooray for Ben being home! We've been swimming and even hit a Chuck E Cheese with our earned coupon for summer reading. (I know, it's like cheating, but since there are no Scandias around, I guess we're okay!! Trenton kept talking about Granddaddy's work and wondering when we could go there...I guess we need a trip soon!) The only thing we didn't really do this weekend was anything we had to do! Okay, well we cleaned the kitchen and dressed the kids, but other than much-needed haircuts we have just played and rested. Ben and Trenton have played so many board games this weekend and Tyler comes up with his own little games that he thinks are so hilarious he conjures up this incredibly fake laugh designed only to get me to laugh - and it works!
Of course it's nice to get back into the swing of things, but we've had a great time playing together. Now I've got to get this place clean for when my family comes to visit!!

2 comments:

argylesocks said...

Hooray for time off. Sounds like you had a great weekend. You so deserved it.

Jasmyn said...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too...clean up so the family can come visit. Whatever.

Do you think if I just trash my house she'll decide to come out? Probably...:)