Tyler is at a very fun stage: the I'm-so-big-and-can-do-anything-I-want-to stage. Having an older brother who can do so many fun things only makes this stage that much more exciting!!
During lunch today Trent and Ben were gone. Tyler finished eating and then just started laughing his incredibly fake laugh, trying to get me to laugh. It's something Trenton does to Tyler all the time. I guess Tyler thought he should give it a go. Of course I had to laugh, a little, but after two minutes, not so funny anymore. Well, it is, but you don't want them to know that. Especially while you're trying to get him to stop flinging food around, which, of course, notes he's done. He just kept laughing. Goober. I sure love him!
Tyler likes to snuggle us. He loves to be held and hugged and sitting next to people. He likes to know someone is there. Trenton. I don't think I've gotten an actual hug from Trent in days. Maybe weeks. I hug him and he doesn't pull away if it doesn't last too long. However, I got him to sit on my lap for more than one minute today. Trenton is such a mini Ben. And I love it that way. Of course Ben and I also love that Tyler wants to be with us and know that everything's alright. Both boys are so great and so different. How is that? I was nervous I wouldn't love our 2nd kid as much...I know that seems weird now, but I felt no real attachment to him until he was born. Every time Tyler and I hug and laugh together I think back to that and I'm just grateful he came to our house. We need more loves!!
1 comment:
I totally feel the same way about my kids. While I'm pregnant, I don't feel much for the baby inside until they come out. But then I LOVE them! It's funny wondering how you'll possible be able to love them as much as your first. Wait until you have 4 (haha, because I know you will ;) Your love just grows and grows. it's amazing.
Post a Comment