Sunday, July 05, 2009

Nearly Two Weeks

Yes, Ben is laughing at me because I'm taking a picture. How can I resist when it's so cute??!! Tyler now knows the word "scripture" and will run and grab his set. Of course we were having problems between the boys before I found another copy for Ty because he wanted the book that Trenton has and not some BOM reader! Come on, parents! Anyhow, this was a first successful night of reading without all the screaming/fighting over Trent's scriptures. I was pretty happy. We have had lots happening, but I have been sick, which of course means that everything virtually stops and kinda limps along until I can get better. It's still with me, but it's nothing horrible - just annoying! I was so happy and grateful that Ben had Friday off this week because I have slept and slept the past few days. He's so great at stepping in and cooking, cleaning, and getting up with the boys. In the midst of all that he has still mowed the lawn, cut everyone's hair and made sure this weekend wasn't completely boring for the boys!
This past week was Girl's Camp and here that means that the presidency is in charge of much of getting things ready. It's been a lot, but worth it. After sleeping for several hours one afternoon I woke up feeling a little better and like we really should go up and visit the girls for the leader night. It was also testimony night which was very neat to be at. Somehow it worked out that if I didn't drive no other leaders were going to be able to make it up there...so I'm grateful that things worked out that I was able to drive. We took the girls some treats and visited for a bit. It was nothing amazing, except that once there one of the girls was sick and we ended up being able to take her home. It's those "tender mercies" of being allowed to go up and then having it manifest that you did the right thing that make life worth it. The next day this cold decided to settle in my chest, but at least I made it until after that night. And even though I have not liked the idea of camping as a ward and have always thought back to the way I grew up camping and loving it so much, I gained my testimony as to why that way is needed here. These girls don't have to gain every friend in the stake because they already have so many good friends to choose from at school. However, our ward relationships do need to be strengthened and that's why it's okay to camp as a ward. I couldn't believe what I was seeing up there either - everyone helping and befriending everyone. Girls that I thought hated each other being so sweet and kind. Not saying it will last, but it was a good experience for me to have.
The Children's Gardens are so much fun! We went so much last year and we're going to have to go lots again this year. The first trip was already a huge hit! Last weekend we showed Ben the new exhibit at the aquarium. The boys love that place! Ben's sister Brittney has been staying with us this weekend...just something new to do. Unfortunately there hasn't been much going on, but she doesn't complain! We did our own little party which the boys loved and then last night headed over to watch the Stadium of Fire show which we've seen before and liked. Of course it was a little too late for the boys though because Trent was asking to go home and telling us he needed to go to sleep. Tyler screamed his opinion! (Oh, and Jeremy stopped by too for a bit - with a girl!) I bought those glowstick things a little while ago. Those kept the boys so happy while we waited for the show to start. Trenton used his as a frisbee and had Ben playing with him almost the entire waiting time. Tyler thought it was pretty cool that he got one like Trent and that he could put it around his neck and take it off by himself.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey Amber. Yes, we should get together soon. I've been thinking about that. Your place or mine?

Sarah said...

Hey! So sorry you've been sick- I'm sure it's from me when we got together a few weeks ago. I have given it to virtually everyone I have come in contact with, and it lasts for about three weeks! Horrible, so I'm sorry. And sorry we didn't make it to the gardens. We have been SO crazy busy all through June. Hopefully it will start slowing down after next week.... then I would love to get together again! Anyway, tons of cute pictures and happenings! Your boys are cute as ever :)