Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trip to Fish Lake

Ben had another cousin who was married Saturday. She was beautiful and everything went great (at least from our perspective!) We decided to go even though the kids would be crazy - and they were! But there were also some young cousins of Bens and our kids second cousins there who helped the kids be a little happier and took the pressure off of us to have completely quiet, good kids! :) It's always fun to visit with Ben's family. I like all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins. The first year we were married both sides of the family had reunions and I got to meet just about everyone in a few short months. We also got word that a 5th great-grandchild will be coming to the family soon. That's exciting because there are currently just two families with children that generation. I guess the only other concern I had with this day was that it was the middle of June and FREEZING! In fact we drove almost the entire way home in pounding rain - sometimes so much that I could barely see through the window. Sunday we were pelted with hail, which only lasted a few minutes, but it was as big as those Hungry, Hungry Hippo marbles (Okay, so we play that a lot!). Congratulations, Shantel & Bill!

No comments: