Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy 27th to Me!

Seriously, a little gross...but I'm not blogging for entertainment, but for memories. I think today was trying to out-do my 23rd birthday. I think today won. Having only given birth 5 days previous to my 23rd birthday, I was still being taken care of by many people. Today, well, let's just say the highlights were all the well-wishes on facebook and the few phone calls with songs. Thanks everyone!
The story of my birthday began Thursday night. Tyler started throwing up...all through the night. Every 10-30 minutes Ben & I would run in and somehow manage to catch most of everything. Oh, joy! This started around 10:30pm and about 4:45am I just threw some blankets on the floor and moved Trenton into our room with Ben. Somewhere in the night I brought Tyler down with me because he kept waking up and wanting me to hold him anyway. However, both my boys really, really like sleeping in their own beds...so Tyler just rolled around and moaned most of the remaining hours until 7:30 when he decided he was starving. I gave him to Ben and went to sleep for a few precious moments. Then we woke up and got things ready for Trent's party. Now we though everything was a big fluke because Trent had a similar thing happen when he turned 18 months old. So glad we didn't get any party-goers sick! I felt and looked like a zombie! But, I made Trent's cake and finished decorating what I didn't get to the night before and we had a great time! Then I passed out! It felt great. Tyler even ate a little bit by the end of the day and seemed fine. We still thought it was a fluke. Ben's brother came over to babysit Friday night for us so we could go to a company barbeque. It was a lot of fun. Thanks, Jer! My brother Chase was in town visiting with us for a few days, so he ended up staying with Jeremy and the boys to help out. They were playing games when we got home. So, we go to bed and Tyler started again...so I stayed up with him until 1am at which point he really just wanted to be left alone in his bed and I was grateful because I got a few more hours. And he slept great through the rest of the night and he's been fine since. Then I started throwing up at 5am. Great! Still hoped it was a fluke...it felt just like I was pregnant. Fortunately it was Saturday and Ben is the best husband ever. He handled grumpy Tyler (who didn't feel much like eating, but was very hungry + he really wanted me to hold him) and kept Trent happy and busy. He even ran to the store twice for me and mowed the lawn while everyone took naps. Chase was great and cleaned the kitchen (thanks!) and gave me a fabulous foot rub while I went in and out of reality. Jeremy came back over and risked his life (okay, that's how I felt yesterday) to help give me a blessing. Jeremy also changed a horrible diaper while we were at the barbeque and Chase helped clean up and strip Tyler's bed the first episode. Amazing! Not even sure I would do all that! Thank you so much, Chase & Jeremy!
Sunday morning: my birthday. Wished myself happy birthday! The plan was to have our siblings come over and visit with cake and ice cream. Reality: I still felt a little weak, but couldn't eat. Finally kept juice down around noon. Kept something solid down around 2pm. Did a little celebration in my head while I lay very still! Ben started saying he didn't feel well. Yikes! He lay down all day and we alternated helping the kids...okay, a lot of movies helped the kids! I was so grateful that today church was cancelled and while we had great intentions of going, so glad we weren't completely set on it. Family was supposed to arrive around 5pm...at that time Trenton started feeling sick and laid down on the ground next to us on the couch until he started throwing up around 8pm. Put Tyler to bed amid complete chaos. Today, Sunday & my birthday, I have washed a million loads of laundry (one HUGE ox), cleaned the toilet because I was gagging everytime I helped Trenton, and tried to get some dishes cleaned, but the kitchen really looks like I just moved a glass or two around. Tonight I am grateful for being allowed to be sick all by myself yesterday! and having several opportunities to get out with friends, family and Ben for some mini celebrations! Also, blogging is all I wanted to do for my birthday, so even though I keep having to stop every 10-30 minutes to help Trent and will sleep by him on the couch all night, I am glad I could save the memories. I don't feel gypped, just feel like a Mom!
The survivors: Tyler & Mommy. (Sorry, it's a little scary, but it's my one birthday picture!)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, you've had so much going on and also Happy Birthday! AND I am SO sorry you and you're whole family were so sick! That has happened to our family twice I think, where every single one of us has had a stomach bug together. It's horrible! And happy birhday to Trenton. Your boys are so cute, I love the birthday pics, and the pic of Ty on Ronald's lap.... hilarious!

argylesocks said...

Bless your heart being sick on your birthday. You have such a great outlook about it. You continue to amaze me. Happy Birthday.