
The week before Trent's birthday we were able to play outside quite a bit, so his birthday wasn't spoiled much at all. Thank you James & Lincoln for coming over! And Grandma Bradley brought up a small trampoline (thank you so much!!) which I think will save me come winter. So, we tried it out last week and had a great time!

Trenton's 4th birthday started the night before when we took him to the "train store" AKA Toys R Us and let him pick out one thing he wanted. Of course it would either be a train or a dinosaur. Well, being that he calls the places the "train store" he wanted trains. Shocking, I know. We got him some other things on the sly and he got to open up the one train he chose that night. The next morning he didn't want to wait until Dad got home from work to open presents so all these pictures look like he's about to fall asleep! Well, close, he just woke up.

After presents I told Trent he didn't have to do anything on his birthday. At first he thought it was while he's four. Almost undid a beautiful thing I have going! After explaining that it was just for the day and that Mom would do his chores, but then the next day he would have to help again, he seemed alright with that. I didn't realize just how much I ask him to do in a day! He's a GREAT helper!
Next, Trenton asked me to sing him the song...and so I sang "Happy Birthday, to You" several times throughout the day. Sorry you missed that!
The only thing Trenton really wanted to do on his birthday was to swim outside in his pool. He has been telling me for weeks. So, we invited Spencer & Rachel over...and then it was 60-something degrees outside. Now, by the time they went down for naps it was about 80ish. However, he wanted to swim at 10am. So, we let them. For just a little bit. Our water is known for its extreme warmth! HA!

Then we bribed them out of the cold, freezing water and took them to McDonald's for some fun. Of course it was fun. Apparently Tyler LOVES Ronald...what a funny kid!

So now Trent has been starting everyday with "Dad, am I still four?".
When Dad got home we sang to him with a candle in some ice cream. He loved that. Then he got to play more with his new toys and games.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRENTON! WE LOVE YOU!!
1 comment:
I LOVE the picture of Tyler laying down on the bench next to Ronald...that's classic.
We miss you guys--I'm really sad we couldn't come by yesterday, although we had quite the day ourselves...Let's get together soon, though!
Love you.
Post a Comment