Thursday, August 06, 2009

It's Really Family Time!!

Well, a lot happening lately and it's all so much fun! Jasmyn (my sister) had her baby and then we headed up to Flaming Gorge, which worked out great because she was in the hospital for two days and Mom was with her. Of course Ben was shocked that I wasn't asking to stay home, but seriously, what could I have done? If Mom wasn't here I would've stayed, but too many people is almost worse than not enough. After we returned home my Dad brought my two youngest sisters to my house and then he left the next day. Next my youngest brother arrived and we have been partying everyday with my three youngest siblings. Okay, actually when I announced Monday was cleaning day I think they all wanted to run away and hide. Gratefully they all helped out so much and we haven't done much with the house since! It's been nice to have them all visiting. My boys just absolutely love them. We were all able to go visit Jasmyn, Marc and Hannah on Monday and then I was lucky enough today to have a quick visit up there just me and Jasmyn (& Hannah!). Thankfully my sweet sisters willingly watched my boys - I guess this is what happens when you have younger siblings that you watched as babies! :) So here are some pictures and videos from this past week - goofing around and hanging out and of course, holding and snuggling baby Hannah. It still seems so weird that I'm an aunt! Trenton has been telling me everyday since Monday how fun it was to hold baby Hannah and how cute she is. Then he reminds me that she's his first cousin! It's true - both ways! I was talking to my Mom one night and she was saying sorry for having my siblings stay with me for an indefinite amount of time. (I asked her to bring them!) I told her not to worry about it. Besides, I continued, Jasmyn went right home after Trent was born and took care of everyone there while Mom came back up to be with me for another week while I was in the hospital. Mom's comment: "Oh, good. Can you go clean my garage, because that's what Jasmyn did while I was with you!" I love my Mom. She's been through some scary times related to her daughters having babies and she's always come to help us out. Thanks, Mom! Funny Story: Jasmyn has lived around us since Tyler was born and he really likes how much she plays with him. When we went to visit I think he was so confused as to what Jasmyn could possibly be busy doing without him. He kept trying to get glimpses of Hannah and was just hanging around Jasmyn. At one point he even threw a little fit because we wouldn't let him bang on the blanket Jasmyn was holding so close to herself! Poor Tyler. Too bad I missed his fit on camera! Tonight was our ward party and we dragged everyone along! Trenton got to hit a pinata for the first time tonight. He thought it was pretty cool! Our Bishop mixed flour inside with all the candy. It was great!



All I can tell you is that Trenton does this "silly trick" for Tyler every night before bed: Tyler laughs and Trenton's happy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

First of all, WOW! I had no idea how talented Chase is on the piano. Second of all- what a fun time to have all of your family here. I love all the pictures of Hannah. I love babies.... maybe it's time for another ;)

argylesocks said...

I am so happy that you get to spend time with your family. Family really is the best thing. Your boys are too cute.