Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sushi and Seuss


After my Mom and sisters left for California, things didn't slow down! That night I went out for sushi with Chase. Oh, man! SO GOOD and SO DIVINE! I love sushi. I think I need to go at least every few months! It was so much fun to hang out with Chase and just try all these combinations that I hadn't tasted in years. I guess Chase goes quite a bit, whereas I hadn't been in at least 5 years. It was great to visit with him while we ate one of my favorite foods ever.
Saturday my friend, Heather, and I got together to put together what we have planned for preschool this year. I love having something already put together and ready to go. That way I can just do a couple activities or whatever everyday without all the racking my brain for another fun idea. We're doing a Dr. Seuss theme this year and I'm so excited. While we're going to touch base on all the reading and rhyming, etc. we are also going to do fun things like make green eggs and ham and hopping on bubble wrap for hop on pop. This age where Trenton wants to learn about everything is so much fun so we're going to try and touch on a little bit of everything! If you happen to see ANYTHING Dr. Seuss this year, please let me know!
Anyhow, to wrap up Saturday, Heather & I went and saw Julie & Julia. I really liked the movie and only wish there was a little less language, but was surprised at the inspiring messages and took those with me. I spent an entire day away from the kids and Ben and yet it felt so short! It's good to do that once in awhile. I came back feeling so ready to face another Sunday by myself. (Well, there is an hour in there somewhere that Ben is able to help!) I'm so glad I am married to Ben. Without Ben willingly missing priesthood for nearly the past year (taking care of Tyler) I wouldn't be able to do my calling. And even though I get everyone ready and then lug them all back home by myself week after week, it's not bad because I was able to get that one hour. That's enough...usually! :)
Honestly, the past few weeks have been packed and yet looking ahead on the calendar I do not have a free night, even with just my family for another few weeks. Now, why am I playing on this blog, you may ask? Because I'm taking a break and forcing myself to remember the fun things I've done this week. And because blogging feels like I'm taking a moment for myself. It's relaxing.
So, until I force myself to find another free moment to record our family happenings and take a break for myself, I'll be seeing you!

1 comment:

argylesocks said...

You so deserved some time out. Thank you again for all you do. You inspire me.