I really don't like going to the store and having to tell Trenton every 2.5 minutes that we're not going to buy him everything he sees and decides he wants. I think I'm EXTREMELY generous and do little fun things often, but you can't have the whole store, kid! I got the idea of doing money chores from my sweet friend Heather and it has been FABULOUS!! I print a picture of the desired item along with the amount broken down in dollars and hang it on the fridge. Trenton now knows to ask if he can work on money chores. Of course these are after his daily chores are done. He loves knowing that I'm not saying "no", just "let's work for it and think about it".
He has earned a few items these past few weeks and I love having extra things in my house get done. I even have him take out the trash now...yes, I'm LOVING this! One of the first things he earned was a watch (he had been looking at his wrist and telling me he was late or needed to hurry...oops! :)) and here's that picture. Right now he's working on earning the Leap Frog Letter Factory movie, which both of my boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I also enjoy going to the store and hearing Trenton ask if I can write down the next desired item for him to earn. He's also learning to be more selective about what he asks for. Less wanting, who wouldn't love that?!!
2 comments:
Hey Amber it's Amy Wheeler remember me?? Anyway found your blog on Tina's and I love this idea I just got back for them store and was sooooo frustrated with my little boy asking over and over can I get something? I will have to steal this idea.
What a fabulous idea. I am going to have to write that one down for future reference. I too like your group of mom friends, even though I don't know them personally.
Post a Comment