Sunday, September 13, 2009

State Fair

We hit the state fair yesterday and had so much fun! Since we left well after the BYU game ended and we really didn't plan on staying that long I was surprised at how much fun the boys were having and how well they were doing even though it was 11pm. I was mostly shocked at Tyler since he is the one who will just cry and then fall asleep because he doesn't do well late at night. I wish I could say they slept in the next morning to compensate for having stayed up until after midnight, but all I got out of them was 8am and a hard day at church. Oh, well. We got a 4 HOUR NAP Sunday afternoon...not bad!
Trenton loved all the animals and Tyler thought it was great that we let him out to run around and see the bunnies even though it was 5 minutes to 11 at that point. He cracks me up. Trent went on a few rides and he and I got to see the GIANT alligator. It was pretty cool. At least he liked it! We also got them a 1/2lb bag of candy and got to see a fun bear show. This year was a blast. Even though we went last year, it just wasn't as fun. I guess our boys are growing up. They were both interested and happy. Loved it! Tyler chowed down the entire night...I've never seen him eat so much food at one time. And that was all BEFORE the insane amount of candy. :) When offered a snake/coaster type ride or a regular train we've ridden similar types a hundred times on, Trent still chose the train. Riding all by himself... We loved looking at all the art/photography/and displays of the different counties. One place we've been to before and love... Playing with the fan We're certainly looking forward to next year. I'm sure it will be something we talk about all year and eventually make a chain for when I can't stand answering questions about the next time we go anymore! I guess they liked it!!

3 comments:

Jasmyn said...

Fun! I want to go next year - I'm pretty sure we'll have more fun with a one year old than with a 6 week old. :)

I like your background too, by the way!

Melissa said...

That's totally how my kids are. After a long night...they don't sleep in the next day, but then they take a HUGE nap. So it's still good. Looks like you guys had fun. :)

Sarah said...

The fair looks like fun! We never go, I don't know why. Maybe because we have kids in school, and there's no way we could go on a weeknight, and my weekends are too precious to me (with my hubby ;) Maybe someday we'll try it- looks like you guys had a blast though!