So, we finally bought a second car. Hooray! We have been with just one for our entire marriage and survived! Of course it would get frustrating when I had a new baby to deal with and needed the car later in the day, but it all worked out okay. Soon after Trenton was born we figured we would be able to get a second car within the year...and then Ben was in an accident that totalled our precious Sunfire. :( We put all the money we had saved and every bonus and extra dollar into paying off the new car we needed to buy so quickly. Then we turned our attention to a house and making sure we left school with no debt. We're glad for those decisions, especially looking back. Now we own both our cars outright and we are still paying ourselves a car payment to save up for our next one. I'm glad we were able to get a Grand Am because Ben really likes Pontiacs and about a week before we bought this one he had sat in a beautiful black Prix and I could tell he loved the car. It felt so good to walk away and not feel pressured by time like we did the last time we bought a car. Trent thinks I need a red van next...yeah, we'll see about that! :) Hooray for paying cash and never thinking about the payment again!!!
I love being married! We have three adorable little kiddos who I have the privledge of being mommy to every day. I am blessed to have the many talents and experiences that I do and I try to use them to create wonderful memories for my little family. With plenty of real life moments mixed in too!
Monday, September 21, 2009
We're growing up
So, we finally bought a second car. Hooray! We have been with just one for our entire marriage and survived! Of course it would get frustrating when I had a new baby to deal with and needed the car later in the day, but it all worked out okay. Soon after Trenton was born we figured we would be able to get a second car within the year...and then Ben was in an accident that totalled our precious Sunfire. :( We put all the money we had saved and every bonus and extra dollar into paying off the new car we needed to buy so quickly. Then we turned our attention to a house and making sure we left school with no debt. We're glad for those decisions, especially looking back. Now we own both our cars outright and we are still paying ourselves a car payment to save up for our next one. I'm glad we were able to get a Grand Am because Ben really likes Pontiacs and about a week before we bought this one he had sat in a beautiful black Prix and I could tell he loved the car. It felt so good to walk away and not feel pressured by time like we did the last time we bought a car. Trent thinks I need a red van next...yeah, we'll see about that! :) Hooray for paying cash and never thinking about the payment again!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is truly a great feat. I love being free from the pressure of debt. It feels so great. What a good example and cute mom you are.
Yay for you guys! We are a one car family as well...and I'm totally with you. If it means we have no debt, then it's worth it! (But it will be nice to go back to two car mode, someday. :)
Post a Comment