Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All About Animals

The past few weeks we have been reading books about animals - the main one being "If I Ran the Zoo". Of course animals are EVERYWHERE so this has pretty much been an easy and fun jump into fall. We sat down and made up our own animals that we would put in the zoo if we ran it. Trenton said he would like a snowman animal that doesn't melt - ever. I made up something completely weird. We named our animals things like "bamboozol" and great names like that. Trenton thought it was fun to have mommy so silly. It was great that Tyler didn't eat any of the clay either! We had to wait for baking and then we got to paint. We built a cage to keep our animals in. We found some pictures of animals and had to color. Coloring everyday is a huge must at our house. Tyler is very good at begging in a cute way that makes me want to let him. As long as he stays on the paper I can't really complain! Yes, the serious face is really how serious coloring is to Tyler. I just bought another magna doodle for church because it is so much safer! It works just as well in Tyler's mind (thankfully!) :) This cute flip book we found was fun to seeing how making up different animals is easy...just put head and tail from different ones together. A great plus to this learning all about animals was finding Tyler's love of animals. He sees them EVERYWHERE and it is so much fun to listen to him make all the sounds. His favorite is puppies and while that's probably because he sleeps with a puppy at night, he sure loves making that barking sound. Also, dinosaurs must be animals because they go right along with all of his animals. He just hit the "lining things up" stage (which I absolutely LOVE) and lines up every dinosaur and animal we own daily. He is so cute and sweet. I am having a blast with my boys right now...can you tell?!!

1 comment:

argylesocks said...

You inspire me. I hope one day to be as fun as a mom as you are. Thanks for always being a good example.