Thursday, October 22, 2009

Date Night

Last Friday Ben and I went on what felt like a real date in ages. We have fabulous friends that trade sitting with us nearly every month, but we usually use that precious kid-free time to get things done: tear up tile, shop for a car, etc. Great things, but not always "spending time together" stuff. Of course it does always make for great...memories?!
We went and had a great dinner and the whole time we were surrounded by so many families with little newborn babies. The parents kept passing the babies back and forth and eating with one hand. Been there - it was so nice just to eat. After, we went to a haunted village (thanks for the idea, Sarah & Andy). It was so much fun! It was incredibly long and they did a great job at creating the perfect atmosphere. The last time we went to a haunted house was before Ben's mission. We were with two of my cousins and Ben was the only guy - I'm pretty sure he hated it! Haha! Ben doesn't like haunted houses at all, and really there's not much incentive to go...but he was so great and did what I wanted to do. He said he ended up having a good time. Probably watching me freak out a little bit and move him from one side to the other to catch most of the action was good enough. He says we can go every 5 or 6 years...which is probably about right since I haven't been to a haunted place since the year of completely wigging myself out for several weeks.
Anyhow, it actually felt like we did something datish and it was a lot of fun. We stayed out pretty late, for us that is, and had so much fun! I love hanging out with my hubby. This week is his turn to pick the date...since it's turned cold it probably won't involve yard work! :)

2 comments:

Spud said...

How is it that a girl clinging to him by his side isn't an incentive?
I am so glad you guys had a fun time. We may even be inspired by your example, I haven't been to a haunted anything in years!

Sarah said...

I love Haunted Villages, they are too fun! I'm glad you got to go on a real date, they are few and far between sometimes. Good job to your honey for letting you pick too!