I love being married! We have three adorable little kiddos who I have the privledge of being mommy to every day. I am blessed to have the many talents and experiences that I do and I try to use them to create wonderful memories for my little family. With plenty of real life moments mixed in too!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Fun at the Zoo
A great transition from "If I ran the zoo" and "And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street" was a trip to the zoo. My kids love the zoo and we have been wanting to take them for awhile now. We went on a very warm Saturday and although it looked as if the zoo had been run over by people, it actually wasn't that bad. It ended up that there was some large, free concert thing there. Lucky us! I think the funniest part of the day was after lunch. The first animals we saw were in a monkey house. Tyler loved it. When we came out he started throwing a fit and flinging himself on the ground. He then tried to run back in with the monkeys. I think he thought we were trying to keep him from seeing the animals...mean parents! We told him there were more animals and quickly got to the next place. Lucky, too, because once he got it that we just kept seeing animals, he stopped throwing fits everytime we tried to walk away. I think we've found a favorite. He loved the whole day pointing to animals and grunting his question of what they were. He learned many new animal sounds and spent most of the day growling - so many big cats and bears! I think his favorite animal is an elephant. It was one he didn't want to leave and ever since we came home he has found so many elephant pictures and toys and just stares and talks to them. He currently has elephants on his diapers - what a treat!
We saw the new baby elephant, giraffe and several of the baby cats. It was so much fun for my kids to get to se so many of the babies there.
This picture is strictly for the cup Trent is holding. We got there right around lunch time and Ben decided we should just eat there. We got the boys these little animal sippies and Trent's was a dinosaur! Crazy! Of course he loved his cup and wanted to hold it all day. Tyler got a lion that he thought was very cool and big to drink out of. I think the cups almost trumphed the animals!! Almost.
Trenton making the same sounds as the parrot back to Ben.
Tyler LOVED all the big cats.
Gotta measure up! We saved all the playground/train stuff for last. That was a great plan. We got to see everything and didn't feel like we had to leave the playground to go see something else. I have always loved the bat cave/praire dog part. That day every bat was very active and flying everywhere to eat all the delicious fruit they had hanging up. Trent and Tyler were completely taken with them!
Tyler did not want to leave this egg. He was in there for at least 10 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww, so fun! Tyler just cracks me up, because reading about him could be reading about Bear. If we weren't moving away I'm sure they would be the best of friends someday!
I love Hogle they are so cozy, and family friendly. We should go soon, because we haven't seen the new elephant yet.
Post a Comment