Thursday, October 29, 2009

Decorating Halloween

After fabulous cleaning day on Monday (seriously, the old toothbrush got a little worn out on all the baseboards) Trent & I had a great time decorating. He wanted pumpkins and bats and actually, several other things too, but I told him I only had until Tyler woke up. I think 3 hours of decorating is plenty!
That night we had my brother, Hal and his wife, Ashley over for dinner, FHE and pumpkin carving! It was a lot of fun! I love that it's perfect weather for soups and rolls. I have been making those kinds of meals so much. Poor Ben just likes variety too much while I could have the same thing for a week if it's something I like!
After 5 pumpkins we had a lot of seeds. I always rinse off a few for myself, but it's always too many more than I can eat. This year I just did one cookies sheet (about 1/4 of the seeds we had) and my boys LOVE them. Of course they do! Because I threw all the rest away. Oh, well. Something to look forward to next year! :) Trent keeps waiting for our neighbors across the street to put up their scary decorations. It's like a train wreck - he just has to look at them again!

No comments: