Thursday, October 29, 2009

Leaves & Apples

This was about 8-10 days ago. At Halloween my flowers look beautiful! I'll have to take a picture on Saturday. We went out to look for leaves and to play outside before the bitter cold starts settling in. Trent was so excited to see my flowers starting to bloom. He told Tyler they needed to feed the flowers so they would look beautiful. They fed them all sorts of sicks and dirt and things. Pretty cute! We had to do leaf rubbings. Trenton watched something a little while ago that showed kids making leaf rubbings and then talking about them like they were fossils. That sealed it. Although I had been planning on doing these, now I had to! I can remember having an "apple day" for many years growing up. While at the store yesterday Trent helped me pick out 6 different kinds of apples. We then sliced them up and labeled what each one was so we could decide which was our favorite. My favorite this time was fuji apples and Trent liked golden delicious. Tyler kept taking one bite out of each apple he picked up and would say "MMMM" and then put it down and grab another. He's so silly. Trenton and I talked a lot about apples, the star (inside the apple) and read about Johnny Appleseed. My family has a favorite Johnny Appleseed movie with Martin Short in it and it made me want to watch that with my siblings so much. Weird, huh? We made trees sponge painting next. Trenton had lots of red apples on his. It cracks me up how intense and crazy my kids get when it comes to coloring, painting, drawing, whatever. I sat Tyler up in his seat at the table and walked into the other room because I forgot something. Of course instant crazy yelling ensued because I wasn't letting him paint that very instant!!! Just a little "marker in the mouth" action! We read "The Butter Battle Book" this week and Trenton thinks it is one of the silliest books we have read yet! This morning I buttered two pieces of bread - one up and one down. He really was laughing and giggling. This picture captures all of that, of course!

No comments: