Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

We have had such a fun week with lots of halloween parties and treats. I think each year is more fun than the last as the kids get older and I live through them and all their excitement. We were invited to our friend's Halloween party and had a great time. We have known him since we were married and moved here and she was my sister's last roommate before she was married. We love both of the couples love for BYU and have lots of memories of games with them. That's how Trenton remembers them most! Ben has his job because of these friends. Lots of connections to them. We like hanging out with all of them! Loni is fabulous and an amazing host. We had fun visiting with her new baby and playing all the great games she had for our little boys. Six adults and she plans the whole night around what our kids can do. She is amazing! So creative and our boys had a blast!! This picture best shows the Hunchback and Esmeralda. We played pin the hat on the witch...it was kept low enough for the boys the entire time. :) After Trenton took off his T-rex head Tyler decided he wanted to wear it. Then he passed it along so everyone got a turn. He absolutely LOVES that costume. The girls won the "wrap up your mummy fastest" game.
But then Ben was taped into his mummy shroud - it's his own fault for not wearing a costume!! They dressed as each other...knowing them, it was pretty cute! Thursday we went to Ben's work for the fun and candy and games and yummy food! We go about every six months and every fall it turns into a trick-or-treating thing that the kids love! These balloons were from the party. They always bring in the greatest people to create and entertain the kids. It's always so much fun!
Thursday night brought around our ward's trunk-or-treat and chili cookoff. I always love those! We brought chili and I saved about half of what I made for Ben for lunches. He absolutely loves my chili but only once it turns cold. Thursday was freezing, so it worked out well. I was pretty lucky that night. My friend in the ward called and asked if she could just add her stuff to my trunk and help me out. YES! I didn't know when Ben was going to get there as he's currently under a crunch at work. Fortunately for me, Ben showed up in the middle of the rounds. But then he had to attend to helping out with other things and my great friend came to the rescue again. She helped me get all the food for the boys and even went back for drinks and dessert for them. She's amazing! I'm so glad I have friends like that. My friend brought all her motion-detecting Halloween things and we had a great time setting it up. Trenton thought it was all so cool and just wanted to watch it all and keep setting it off. We had to go visit her house tonight so he could see it all again. She was great to set it back up!
Taking a break and eating some candy while Daddy purchased some philly cheesesteaks. I think we finally found a great spot to purchase them and we found it while trick-or-treating tonight! Hooray! By the time tonight came around Tyler had the holding out your bucket to get candy thing down pat! He carried it around all night and just didn't want to let go. Today we got to attend the baptism of one of Ben's cousins. Trenton was very excited to get to go. Because she's only four years older than him they have played at all the family get togethers. Because of the day of places to go and things to do tonight ended in Tyler going to bed 1/2 hour early. We turned on a Star Wars movie for Trent, Ben & I to watch inbetween handing out candy and in about 1/2 hour later Trenton was completely gone. I guess it was a long day with no down time or naps. But it was lots of fun with lots of memories. We've certainly had a fun week!!

No comments: