This morning I again slept in and found several dinosaurs lined up when I got up. Tyler always runs to me with a little whimper and then a big hug - like I did something pretty scary and let dad get up with him! Silly boy.
I love being married! We have three adorable little kiddos who I have the privledge of being mommy to every day. I am blessed to have the many talents and experiences that I do and I try to use them to create wonderful memories for my little family. With plenty of real life moments mixed in too!
Saturday, November 07, 2009
No wisdom left
We have had a very interesting week. Monday was a very intense cleaning day - and I had to run three errands too. Quite an accomplishment, but then the boys and I were all worn out and needed a long quiet time. Tuesday I got 3 wisdom teeth out. Good times! Laughing gas...need I say more? I guess I'm not very wise anymore. My mom offered to help us out, but when I told Ben I was thinking of going to her house so she could watch the boys he promised if I wouldn't leave he would stay home. This was all during crunch times at work so I figured it was important for me to stay with him. Our deal was he wouldn't rush me - let me decide how long I needed him home. He told me that he's told everyone at work that I'll leave him if he doesn't stay home...I guess that's correct? He was fabulous! He kept making trips to the store for whatever I could think of and kept the boys off me the few minutes a day I was with the family. Wednesday was pretty slow and lazy, but by 2pm I was feeling so good I was almost afraid to tell Ben he could leave - it was so nice sleeping until 10 or 12 or going back to bed when I felt like it! :) Of course I was still frustrated that I couldn't eat anything I really wanted - mostly meat! This weird protein thing is still with me. Fortunately I learned long ago the beauty of protein shakes. Thursday and Friday Ben went to work and kept checking in with me. I was really tired after dealing with the boys all day and my body just wanted to sleep when he got home, but I did fine and felt fine. Thursday my sister Jasmyn came over and were sat outside and watched the boys play for a bit. Okay, a long time actually. I just couldn't believe I was missing so much good weather. I'm so happy it lasted until today. Today I raked leaves with the boys and just enjoyed our day home with nothing planned. I tried to keep this entire week completely free from things, but was so glad, in the end, that I wasn't completely unable to function. I'm sure my jaw will still feel a little sore for awhile and I am trying to move onto more solid meals, but looks like I escaped anything of horror stories! (knock on wood!) Except that I'm not supposed to pretend like I can function mentally when I can't. I thought the fun birthday party I'd promised Trent for so long we were going to was on Saturday. Fortunately I had to check my email for something for my calling and had a friend request. I nearly ignored it but decided to get on there really fast. Good thing - my friend had posted that the party was going to be so fun in just a few hours!! Changed my plans a little...but with so many other things planned it was easy to fit it in! I still can't get over how loopy I must've been to mix up dates. As Ben will tell you - that's not normal!
This morning I again slept in and found several dinosaurs lined up when I got up. Tyler always runs to me with a little whimper and then a big hug - like I did something pretty scary and let dad get up with him! Silly boy.

Before I got all loopy I made Ben promise he wouldn't rake leaves if they fell down this week before I got a picture in them. I was asked to get some certain pictures of our family so went a step further and had fun with it. Again, Ben shocked me and said he'd do whatever - he was just along for the ride. I think that's why I raked leaves: he wanted to change the oil in both cars and rake the leaves. I made him change clothes for this picture and with the BYU game only 35 minutes away I knew he wouldn't get it all done. He didn't wanna break whatever spell I was under. I don't do yard work without someone asking. :) I sure love that man! He makes my wonderful life possible!
A few weeks ago I was at my sister's house and Tyler decided to empty her entire shelf of movies and a few books. He brought them all over to me so I had a nice collection. Suddenly he climbed in the shelf and laid down. Goober!
This morning I again slept in and found several dinosaurs lined up when I got up. Tyler always runs to me with a little whimper and then a big hug - like I did something pretty scary and let dad get up with him! Silly boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment