Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Party

Last night Ben and I attended the annual Christmas party for the company he works for. It felt so different from past years. This year the company has struggled and there were many people not in attendance this year compared to years past. There was also a good sense of hope and faith that things will continue in the direction things have been going lately - up! They have actually started hiring again; days where the company shut down to conserve resources are no longer in exsistence; the swing shirt if back; and they announced bonuses again. It seems so crazy that at the beginning of the year it look like nothing was sure and while things are still up in the air, I am so grateful for the past year. I am grateful to get to associate with those at Ben's work...those men and their wives are truly fabulous people who have good heads on their shoulders and good hearts. It was strange to see upper management make some rather large changes, but the respect and love everyone has for the founder of the company is truly amazing. I think everyone wishes they could be acknowledged and remembered that way. I had such a great night. It is always wonderful to dress up a little and go out with Ben. Knowing we have that date night is always something to look forward to and get to look into the culture of the wonderful company Ben works for.

No comments: