Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Excitement Leading to Christmas

Our first big snowstorm of the year hit just as my mom and sisters were planning a trip up to visit. They came a little early and made it just before things got crazy. I don't think I have ever had my family visit in December before, so that was pretty fun! Trenton thinks it's always a fun adventure to go outside and shovel with Ben...Ben thinks he's getting Trent a snow shovel next year! While my mom was here we got together with our homeschooling buddies from years past. Trenton & Tyler loved running around with all the little boys there! The night we went to see the temple lights was so very cold - and busy! We decided to ride TRAX from Sandy, which was a great idea because there was no place to park. There were two concerts going on at the same time, a Jazz/Lakers game, and everyone else was trying to see the lights. It was so busy and I was completely shocked we got the pictures we did. It was a great trip though because we didn't stay long and of course, riding the train was pretty exciting for the boys! We were able to see Santa, twice! One tradition is taking the kids to the mall with my friend (because Ben never wants to go!) and then Santa showed up at our ward Christmas party. I knew Christmas was going to be fun after listening to Trenton talk about why the Santas looked a little different and other such observations! My friend invited us over for a Christmas craft and we made these great advent calendars! We now officially have 5 advent calendars and yes, every night the boys and I absolutely LOVED doing them all! As is tradition for our family we had our Christmas before heading to sunny California for a week! Trenton got a new bike and I think he really liked it! The other big hit of the night was the remote control cars we got for the boys. Trenton's friend gave him one as well, so Ben, Trent & Tyler each had a car and kept racing and racing. Tyler mostly tried to figure it out and then chased the cars, but it was so much fun to see them all having such a great time! Those cars were the first things picked up when we arrived back home! Ben took his new golf clubs down to California and was able to play with his Dad & brother. We had a pretty great Christmas...and it was only the middle of December!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I just read through all of your posts and your Christmas looked fabulous. I'm jealous you get to go somewhere warm! You look beautiful in every picture- you have the "glow" ;)