Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Tyler!

The morning of his birthday Tyler woke up before anyone and so I got up with him to have a little early morning birthday fun! Tyler looked through the doorway and just stared at something for a bit - I told him to go get it and he ran in squealing to find balloons! He proceeded to run around gathering the balloons while yelling "mine! mine!". So tender. It was so fun to watch how excited he was about those balloons - he sure knew they were all for him!
The night before we didn't bring in the balloons until after the boys were in bed, but Trenton helped me make the birthday banner for Tyler and it was so much fun to watch how excited for Tyler Trenton was. Trenton and Tyler become better friends and playmates everyday. And yes, I love every minute of it! Trenton is usually very gentle and quite the sweet talker and for that Tyler loves him so much and loves being around him. After naps we had a few friends over to sing to him and share some of the excitement. I think Tyler's favorite color is blue - at least that's what he always asks for lately. We finished opening presents later that night with Daddy. I can hardly believe that Tyler is 2 years old and that we have actually survived all his intenseness and how much I love every bit of what he brings to our family. He sent us all for a huge loop 2 years ago but it was all worth it and we love Tyler and his infectious, sweet smile so much! Everyday Tyler makes me laugh - usually from the belly laughing. Oh, we sure love him in our family! Happy Birthday, Tyler Man!

1 comment:

The Woody's Fam said...

He is so stinkin' cute. I am so sorry we missed it. Great things sure do come in small packages ie. Tyler.