Sunday, May 23, 2010

Outside Adventures

Inbetween the weather not making up its mind, we got to visit the Children's Gardens. The flowers were beautiful and the kids loved being able to run around and play outside. Outside anything right now is fabulous! Since visiting a children's garden in California I have been wanting to go back to the one near us. I gotta remember that when I don't have the energy to do anything, but they want to play outside. It's perfect! I love this picture: Tyler was nicely stacking rocks on the backs of these ducks and when he got them all to stay, he did this little throwing-his-arms-back move. He was quite proud of himself. He played with those ducks for a good 10 minutes. Saturday we woke up and decided we could stand to go fishing for a bit, even though the weather in the mountains probably wouldn't be as great as at home. We still had a good time anyway. I haven't been fishing at this particular place since I was 7 months pregnant with Trenton: yep, that's how far along I am with this one. Only that time I sprained my ankle and this time I was carrying Tyler on a very wet and slippery trail. I guess I was really trying hard to repeat the past? Right after all the pictures were taken it started snowing, but nothing bad or heavy, so when we asked the boys if they were ready to go or keeping fishing, they both said they wanted to keep fishing! If you know me, I enjoy being outside if there's a pool or beach around! It was well worth it though because all three of them were having a blast! I think there's some Spencer/fishing gene in them. Getting dinner on the way home made it completely worth it to me in other ways too!

No comments: